All remedial work is performed in accordance with the guidelines that are published by the International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI), of which we have been long-standing members. These guidelines are recognized as the de facto standard for the repair and restoration of concrete structures on an international scale. During our decades of success in this industry, we forged critical alliances with the industry's leading manufacturers of specialized concrete remediation products. These alliances allow us to benefit from cutting-edge technology in products and systems. The foremost example of this is our use of galvanic corrosion prevention technology, as provided by embedded zinc anodes in our concrete repairs.
Our 3 decades of work on RIC are highlighted by the introduction of several innovative technologies on a large scale to the state. These innovations include:
- • installation of corrosion-proof FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Polymer) reinforcing bars
- • incorporation of Galvanic Anodes to mitigate corrosion in steel reinforcing
- • application of Migrating Corrosion Inhibitor in and around repair areas
- • sampling and testing of concrete for chloride content/contamination
- • pressurized gun-applied high-strength repair mortars for structural repairs
- • “in-place” waterproofing of existing retaining walls and slabs-on-grade from “positive-side” without • trapping water in the wall or slab and without excavation
Our crews and staff are on the leading edge of technologies for the mitigation of deterioration in concrete structures. These technologies benefit our clientele by extending the service life of their properties, or by extending the time interval between repair cycles.